Friendsgiving: The celebration of Thanksgiving dinner with your friends.
Whether you can’t make it home for the holiday or you just want to host a Thanksgiving dinner before or after the normal day, Friendsgivings can be a blast!
Tips on Hosting a Stellar Friendsgiving:
1- Host makes the Turkey
2- Delegate the rest of the dishes to your guests
3- Plan ahead to make sure it fits with your guests’ schedule
4- Every kind of potato you can think of…
5- Theme your dinner
6- Have everyone dress up like pilgrims (but really it would be hilarious!)
7- Designate a table to desserts… they are after all their own food group
For more Friendsgiving advice check out the article below!
Fall is all about cooler weather, changing leaves and most importantly Pumpkin flavored everything! The pumpkin craze is sweeping the nation and more items every day are featuring a limited-time-only pumpkin flavor! So what better way to spend a Fall Saturday morning than with some homemade Pumpkin Spice flavored pancakes!
What you’ll need:
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon white sugar
• 2 teaspoons of baking powder
• 1 teaspoons of baking soda
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 cup pumpkin puree
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon ground ginger
• ½ teaspoon ground allspice
• 1 egg
• 1 ½ cups milk
• 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
• 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
• 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
1. Combine flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl, and whisk together for two minutes to aerate.
2. In a separate bowl, combine pumpkin puree, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, egg, milk, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix in the flour mixture, and stir just until moistened. (Do not overmix)
3. Coat skillet with 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil over medium heat
4. Pour batter into skillet ¼ cup at a time and cook the pancakes until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
Recipe found at http://allrecipes.com/recipe/219167/chef-johns-pumpkin-pancakes/
With Labor Day just a few days away, it is official…summer is coming to an end.
Hopefully you finished filling your bucket list, because as the fun of summer sets in the distance the fun of the new school year rises.
It seems like it wasn’t that long ago that the start of school was a combination of the excitement of back to school shopping and the anxiety of a new classroom.
Things are different now, aren’t they? This year there might not be a new wardrobe coming (and if there is it’s filled with Lumberjacks gear) and you’re in a new classroom every hour.
This year anxiety is replaced with just excitement. This is your year. This year, you can do anything. Set your goals high and achieve them. Then, set them higher and watch as you impress even yourself.
There’s a new year in front of you and we are here to help you have the full Northern Arizona University student housing experience while you are in Flagstaff!
Be sure to check out our September events calendar in the office to get your year off to an exciting start!